Photo by thehumofbees.
- This week, at the Molecular Ecologist: I talk to Yannick Wurm about his research on the genetics of social structure in ants, and Molecular Ecology Resources discontinues “primer notes.”
- And at Nothing in Biology Makes Sense! Deceptive daisy is less deceptive to experienced bee flies.
- And can you explain why in under thirty seconds? Should you be working on an elevator pitch for your research?
- “Misguided nostalgia” for Bedrock. The myth of our perfectly adapted ancestors.
- Sadly, they don’t spell out “Feed me!” Carnivorous pitcher plants advertise for prey with neon-looking highlights.
- Ick. Tackling sexism on the ecolog-l listserv.
- Double ick. PLOS Genetics cuts some ethical corners to publish a paper using crowdsourced human genome data.