- This week, at The Molecular Ecologist: I discuss why different genetic tests might give different disease risk estimates.
- Congrats! To the authors of articles selected for Open Lab 2013.
- Dolphin, not shark. How to tell the difference between “gray things with dorsal fins in the ocean.”
- “Defensive halitosis.” Tobacco-eating caterpillars exude a toxic fog of nicotine to ward off predators.
- “A recipe for civilizational disaster.” The trouble with TED.
- About 7% funded, with the median P.I. about 10 years post-Ph.D. The depressing, depressing summary statistics from NSF grant funding in 2013.
- Surprise! National stereotypes don’t pan out in formal personality testing.