The Queer in STEM team. Photo by jby.
- I (co-) authored 5 new scientific articles.
- I launched my first spare-time research project, the Queer in STEM study.
- I taught my first course.
- I put in 19 applications for faculty jobs, which have resulted (so far) in one Skype interview and one campus visit (not at the same institution!).
- I wrote 19 new posts for The Molecular Ecologist and 20 at Nothing in Biology Makes Sense!
- I ran 1,740 miles, the most I’ve done in one year since 2011—and enough to get me from Minneapolis to Portland, Oregon, if I did it all at once. (Ugh.) That total includes a 5k (in 19:04), a 10k (in 40:47), a half marathon (in 1:30:12), and a marathon (in 3:19:55)—all new personal records.
- I took 7 trips requiring air travel, including to New York and Snowbird, Utah.
- I replaced the VW Golf I’d driven since high school with a 2008 VW Rabbit in the same color.
- I read 17 books.