- The Ecological Society of America met in my front yard this week. And there was coverage at Dynamic Ecology and the EEB & Flow, and of course all over Twitter.
- This week, at Nothing in Biology Makes Sense! I put the “Don’t Sleep with Mean People” spat to rest.
- And at the Molecular Ecologist: The care and feeding (and protection) of great big genetic datasets.
- Think I’ll just have the black bean burger. Lab-grown hamburger gets its first taste test.
- Apart from “because it’d be cool.” Why you should, or shouldn’t, have your genome sequenced.
- Prepare to start scratching. When you watch this video of a mosquito bite from the inside.
- In armadillos, naturally. An in-depth study of the structural changes associated with erection of the penis.
- Establishment matters. What invasive species can teach us about climate-change-induced range shifts.
- For fish, anyway. Fish raised in stimulating environments are smarter.