Quack. Photo by blmiers2.
- The first Carnival of Evolution for 2013! Now online at Genome Engineering
- Sure, why the hell not? Did “restless genes” help humans conquer the planet? (Seriously, this is a good piece.)
- If it quacks like a quack … The science-free advice of Dr. Oz.
- Diversity of sampling for the win. How hormonal birth control might mess with mate choice—for both straight and gay women.
- I mean, really, who doesn’t know to smell their tea for bitter almonds? Thank the gods for dumb poisoners.
- Very, very, effective cows. Are leafcutter ants farmers, or cows?
- Don’t be the third reviewer. Unless you have to. Advice on how to peer-review a paper.
- Smarter isn’t always better. Selecting guppies for bigger brains demonstrates that big brains are expensive.
- Yow. Pioneering anti-GMO activist apologizes, says genetic engineering can be environmentally beneficial.