- This week, at The Molecular Ecologist: My own recent paper on scanning for locally-adapted genome regions.
- Intellectually interesting, politically maddening. The best scientific guess as to how, exactly, IUDs prevent pregnancy.
- Which has a briefer history than you might think. A brief history of peer review.
- Because at some point, you’d like to see the actual organism. On the continuing importance of museum specimen collections.
- This doesn’t bode well for First Contact. We don’t know whether cats are smarter than dogs because cats are really bad behavioral test subjects.
- Afraid of what it’d find. How Republicans are blocking basic research on gun safety.