Off to the races. Photo by @Doug88888.
- This week, at The Molecular Ecologist: The 2014 update to the Next-Generation Sequencing Field Guide is (finally) online.
- Maybe! If we can resurrect extinct species, will we take less care to prevent extinction in the first place?
- Kinda looks like it! If we can go on prophylactic antiretrovirals, will we take less care to practice safer sex?
- Look out, amoebas of the world! A 30,000-year-old virus has been resurrected from Siberian permafrost.
- Oof. Ken Ham claims that his debate with Bill Nye helped raise enough funds to build his next pseudoscience theme park.
- Hmm. Google is getting into the genomics business.
- “We need silver buckshot.” How we can feed 9 billion people without destroying the planet.
- A new crowd-computed project will study the role of climate change in specific weather events.
- But good luck figuring out your caffeine dosage. Coffee is actually not that dehydrating but can boost your workout.
- Just not the ones we fish for. We’ve been undercounting the global fish population by a factor of 10.
- Keep your eyes on the baseline, people. When Arctic sea ice was at a record low last year, this year is bound to look better.