Stormy weather ahead. Photo by Elido Turco – Gigi.
- This week, at The Molecular Ecologist An interview with Charles Goodnight, and a poll about peer review.
- And at Nothing in Biology Makes Sense! A brood parasite that can actually help its hosts.
- Charming! A new dinosaur species is nicknamed “the chicken from Hell”.
- Folks, we’re really serious this time. The American Association for the Advancement of Science issues a sharply worded new report on the dangers of climate change.
- Hundreds of millions of dollars. What South Florida communities are spending to stay above water for another fifty years.
- It’s kind of a big deal. The original paper that differentiated between consent and informed consent in human-subjects research.
- Neat. Interactive comparisons of human and (simulated) non-human vision.
- Lots of lousy data is still lousy. Why Google’s search-based influenza prediction is failing.
- Or, yeah, both. Was Robert Hooke another Leonardo DaVinci or just history’s greatest scientific asshole?
- It’s not just the parasites’ fault. How malaria is defeating our efforts to eliminated it.
- The signal and the hype. The “data-driven” journalism at FiveThirtyEight isn’t really all that data-driven.