- This week, at Nothing in Biology Makes Sense! How to get (scientifically) published, in ten rules and two cents.
- Technically, the selfish gene != single-gene thinking, but still. Looking for new language in a world of non-Mendelian genetics. But see also; and then also.
- In twenty easy steps? How non-scientists should interpret scientific claims.
- Want to buy an authorship? Apparently doing that is shockingly direct.
- Bad news gets worse. On funding rates for the NIH.
- Here we go again. No, the fact that men’s brains are detectably different in structure from women’s doesn’t mean the differences are not learned.
- “But anyway, the ants.” This is the best story about invasive ants you will read all year.
- Creationism: bad for bunnies! Based on plans published so far, the creationist “Ark Encounter” theme park is going to be an animal welfare catastrophe.