- Not at all the way it works in science. A brief guide to the way evolution works in science fiction.
- Woah. A project in nanotech fabrication captures images of the breakup and formation of carbon-carbon bonds.
- Yeah, don’t do this. Where “this” is e-mailing perfectly nice scientists and science writers and asking them to do your homework for you.
- Sweet. Candy company Mars launches a project to sequence the genomes of crops that are staples in the developing world.
- “… except perhaps, for Google+ posts.” Social media postings correlate with formal citations of scientific papers.
- Star Trek is for nerds; Star Wars is for geeks. The difference between nerds and geeks, quantified.
- Want to eat like a hunter-gatherer? First you’ve got to decide which kind of hunter-gatherer you are.
- “Evolutionary traps” When human-created environmental change turns adaptations into maladaptations.
- Color, insulation, even defense. What use were feathers before dinosaurs evolved flight?