Photo by Jvstin.
- This week at Nothing in Biology Makes Sense! Devin Drown reviews The Adaptive Landscape in Evolutionary Biology.
- And at the Molecular Ecologist: The carnival of knowing what I know now.
- Surprise? The biodiversity of a cornfield is pretty depressing.
- Handy. Tinkering with fishes’ developmental genes recreates (a bit) of the evolution of fins into digits.
- Of course, winter means wearing more clothes, which harbor lice … Napoleon’s invasion of Russia was stymied not by winter, but by lice carrying typhus.
- It is, as they say, all in your head. The physical reality underlying near-death experiences.
- A mess, but one we need to clean up. Race, poverty, and access to education.
- Inactivated what now? A new therapy for leukemia that uses inactivated HIV to reprogram white blood cells looks promising.
- For all the good that will do. Climate scientists are starting to use alarming talk titles at conferences.
- A crucial question. How well would wine grapes really grow in world of Game of Thrones?