Cape ground squirrel. Photo by Ian n. White.
- Carefully. How to think about the results of a personal genome scan.
- For a given value of “natural” and “selection.” Has human activity rendered the term “natural” selection meaningless?
- Well, that’s what they say. Behavioral observations suggest that ground squirrels masturbate to prevent sexually-transmitted infections.
- Maybe? A new study identifies dozens of genes associated with inflammatory bowel disease — but will that help IBD treatment?
- Ridiculous. In which a press embargo on one paper prevents reporting on two others.
- For a given value of “genetic” and “modified.” In less-popular election news, California voted down a proposal to require labeling of genetically modified food.
- Wow. Just, wow. Some hard questions — and tellingly vague answers — for James Watson.