- This week at The Molecular Ecologist: How to pick a programming language.
- Also, why biologists still speak Latin. How the North American turkey was, indirectly, named after the Eurasian nation-state Turkey.
- Not-bad news, everyone! Americans will, sometimes, vote for better funding of public universities.
- Terrible news, everyone. The climate change prognosis is looking a lot worse.
- No word about the squid, though. How the American Museum of Natural History built a life-size blue whale before anyone involved had actaully seen a whole blue whale, in two parts.
- Yes, there’s oxytocin in nematodes. It’s called nematocin.
- It’s just not as easy to see. Black people do, in fact, get sunburns.
- Tiny pamphlets about abstinence? What do you do when a protected species is about to interbreed itself to extinction?
- Go ahead, break a leg. (Not really.) Raising a baby doesn’t necessarily have to be bad for a woman’s bones.