A sidewalk produce cart. Photo by bitchcakesny.
- And by “equity,” I mean “inequity.” For the week of Equal Pay Day, here are some notes on pay equity in academia.
- Which is all of us. Excellent advice for scientists who write.
- Whee! 80% cut rate. A report from inside NSF’s new pre-proposal review system.
- Whoops? Re-analysis of decades-old data suggests that the Viking landers may have found evidence of life on Mars back in 1976.
- Follow the leader. Voters follow the gaze of politicians from their own party.
- They’re just worried about everyone else. College students opposed to gay marriage don’t think it would hurt their own marriage.
- Travel distance, for instance. The added cost of eating healthy isn’t just about the price of food. See also.
- Especially in the, ahem, biomedical field. Scientific journals are retracting a lot more papers lately, which doesn’t look good for science. See also, and also.
- Love is: two guys and a girl, and also when one of the guys is pretending to be a girl. The diversity of gender roles in the animal kingdom, adorably anthropomorphized.