Happy Thanksgiving, U.S. readers. Photo by Bemzilla.
- This week at Nothing in Biology Makes Sense! Fruit flies prefer mates with the same gut bacteria.
- Worst pets ever? An online ant supplier provides invasive pests.
- Powers combined. The fungus killing frogs worldwide may have originated as a hybrid between non-lethal species.
- The developmental regulatory systems that determine biological sex before birth don’t stop after birth.
- Planning ahead. The U.S. Defense Department’s research arm is thinking about life after antibiotics.
- Hell, yes. Should pepper spray be subjected to clinical trial?
- Maybe. Can a genetic marker predict your impulsivity?