Beep-beep. Photo by jafro77.
So, um … have you “liked” Denim and Tweed on Facebook yet? I’m sure you meant to. I bet you were just busy with other stuff, earlier.
- Run, run, as fast as you can … For small ground birds like ptarmigans, the energetic cost of running decreases as they go faster.
- Declining effect. Ecologists really shouldn’t be all that surprised, or worried, about the “decline effect”.
- Skin guns don’t heal people. Doctors with skin guns heal people. A new “skin gun” can heal second-degree burns by spraying them with stem cells.
- Microscopic foraminifera know more than you might think. The history of a warming Northwest Passage is encoded in plankton.
- Ants are total mutualism sluts. Microbes living on leafcutter ants generate antibiotics that may help fight bacterial infections of the ants’ fungus gardens.
- Harder than it sounds. Science educators need to know when, and how, to say, “I don’t know.”
- Is that a just-so story in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me? Scicurious and A Primate of Modern Aspect consider adaptive explanations for the shape of the human penis.