Photo by www.ericcastro.biz.
- The poetic possibilities alone are staggering. Given a wing with the right optical properties, it’s possible to fly on a beam of light.
- Which is why I buy in bulk. Serving snacks in smaller packages can help people eat less—but it only works for overweight people.
- “Digital rectal stimulation.” Really. Science finds a cure for intractable hiccups.
- Being female ≠ being anemic. Normal blood loss during menstruation does not cause iron deficiency.
- Two million years of eating bamboo. Although fossils of the giant panda’s ancestors are few and far between, paleontologists are beginning to piece together their evolutionary history.
- Context! Ed Yong compiles five years of stem cell research into an interactive timeline.
- Boy, is my face red. How did blushing evolve as an involuntary social signal?