- This week, at The Molecular Ecologist: #Evol2014 in tweets, and how “Markov chain” methods estimate tricky probability distributions.
- And, at Nothing in Biology Makes Sense: The first post in an in-depth series on the evolutionary claims in A Troublesome Inheritance.
- By nineteenth-century standards, anyway. Charles Darwin, anti-racist.
- Please. Here are some ideas that scientists would like you to stop repeating.
- And not all universities pay the same. How much universities pay for scientific journal subscriptions.
- Because no one should put up with it. Some possible responses to crazy sexist shit.
- Under existing law against gender bias. LGBT employees may already enjoy legal protections in the U.S.
- Ugh. Male professors are less likely to hire women than female profs—and especially if they’re highly successful male professors.
- Cities stink. And that can confuse pollinating moths.