- Unscientific adaptationist claptrap of the week. No, the human skull didn’t evolve to be punched.
- Write it down, maybe. Your semi-regular reminder that humans are animals, too.
- Good news! A new pesticide derived from spider venom might be safe for bees.
- By cheating. Apparently a chatbot kinda, sorta passed the Turing test.
- It’s genes! It’s environment! It’s genes and environment.
- Pour one out for Growly. How we decided to use pepper spray for protection against bears
- Yeah, it’s not going to be good. Randall Munroe puts projected global warming in perspective.
- Looks oddly familiar. NASA’s long-shot warp-drive team unveils a mocked-up faster-than-light spacecraft.