Photo by tomopteris.
- This week, at Nothing in Biology Makes Sense! How a creationist teaching introductory microbiology at a public university is a symptom of the adjunct crisis in academia. And see also.
- And, at The Molecular Ecologist: Collecting natural history data with a little help from the Internet.
- As in, 10-35 seconds after. The detection of gravitational waves has revealed the state of the Universe almost immediately after the Big Bang.
- Hmm. Are women underrepresented in STEM majors because they’re worried about their grades?
- Okay, then! Water has been discovered in the Earth’s mantle.
- Natural selection: it works. Corn rootworm populations are well on their way to evolving resistance to genetically-engineered Bt corn.
- Laugh, then run like heck. The absurd era when the most terrifying land predator was a great big bird.
- For, you know, a given value of “practical.” Inside the insane multinational collaboration to build a practical fusion reactor.