- Empathy matters. What the “Christmas Truce” of 1914 can tell us about trust and cooperation.
- Happy new year! Worldwide crop yields are stagnating or declining. (Original article here)
- Eek. The funding rate for the new NSF granting process is about five percent.
- Reductio ad absurdam. Evolutionary psychologists go looking for evidence in romance novel titles.
- Fire, or spaghetti? Physicists get hot and bothered about how, exactly, a black hole would kill you.
- Oy. Why a proposed genetic analysis of the Newtown gunman is probably futile and not helpful.
- Membranes! A new hypothesis for the origins of life on Earth.