Photo by Romain Bochet.
- This week at The Molecular Ecologist: I post some advice about grad school. Think you can do better? Send a submission to the “Knowing What I Know Now” blog carnival.
- Calling in the undersea cavalry. Under attack by toxic seaweed, coral releases chemicals to attract seaweed-eating fish.
- The usual suspects. Antibiotic over-use is on the decline across the U.S., but some states are doing better than others.
- Sounds a lot like “making things for science journals.” Thoughts and musings about making things on the web.
- Try not to throw a tantrum over this one. In which doubt is cast on a “mood disorder” description just before its official appearance in the DSM-5.
- Scratching yet? A slideshow of prehistoric parasites.
- Get ready to fret about your pageviews. Granting agencies are starting to accept web traffic as an impact metric.
- Scientific (or other) writing. A handy guide.
- Yeah, not really. Are we really so suprised that quantiative traits have complex underlying genetics?