Neil Armstrong on the Moon. Original image from NASA Goddard Photo and Video.
- Requiescat. Neil Armstrong, the first human being to walk on the Moon.
- This week at Nothing in Biology Makes Sense! The evolutionary history of lizards on Indian Ocean islands and the problems with the Paleo Diet.
- Bees need somewhere to buzz. Cultivating hedges between fields to save pollinators.
- Maybe not as complex as we think. How complex does a brain need to be to become self-aware?
- We’re working for the weekend. Also over the weekend. Download statistics from Springer’s journal archives provide real-time evidence of workaholic scientists.
- Sure, why the hell not? Do people become vegetarians because they’re more prone to disgust reactions?
- This seems like a bad idea. A kennel club is attempting to breed dogs into a recreation of prehistoric dire wolves.
- This seems like a worse one. Engineering a strain of bacteria that will eat plastic.
- This increasing energetic investment will not stand, man. A long-standing hypothesis about human gestation comes into question.
- I’ll have seconds now, please. Although abstemious diets can lengthen lifespan in other animals, they don’t work for primates.