Sally Ride. Photo by WikiMedia Commons.
- She defied gravity. Sally Ride, the first female U.S. astronaut—and only queer astronaut?—died this week. See also, also, and also.
- Quiet, honey! Hungry bats zero in on the sound of flies mating.
- I think yes. Do evidence-based teaching methods need to start addressing motivated reasoning?
- Is anyone surprised? The geometry of herd responses to a predator suggests sheep are selfish.
- Sure, why the hell not? Is open-access on the verge of “disrupting” academic publishing?
- War on facts, round infinity. Government-funded research did, in fact, create the Internet.
- Isn’t this like making Solo cups out of steel? Shark teeth are covered in fluoride, which may mean they never get cavities.
- It’d be … kinda gross. If Spiderman’s anatomy more properly paralleled a real spider’s.
- You’re doing it wrong. Pronouncing “Muller’s Ratchet”, that is.
- Gooey suicide bombers. In one species of termites, aging workers end their careers as suicide bombers.