Halloween hangover, anyone? Photo by bunnygoth.
- Spooky science. The Scientific American network goes all Halloweeny.
- Dumb, dumber, downright dangerous. Parents who refuse to vaccinate their children try to immunize them by mailing around childhood viruses.
- Carnival time! The November 2011 Carnival of Evolution is up at The Mermaid’s Tale.
- Last ditch effort. To save bats from white-nose syndrome, researchers propose building an artificial cave.
- Helping science, helping himself. Participating in cognitive research helps a man with schizophrenia cope with his condition.
- Alongside or, you know, underfoot. A newly discovered fossil was a ferret-like mammal that probably lived alongside dinosaurs.
- Whale folksongs? Sperm whales’ songs are probably culturally transmitted.