Leave the chocolate milk. Take the espresso. Photo by confusedbee.
- So counterintuitive, it’s counterfactual. The “chocolate milk diet” thoroughly and painstakingly debunked.
- Proof that baby crows are smarter than the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. A cool new study documents the development of object permanence in crows.
- First step: piss off Richard Owen. How the giant squid was finally accepted as non-mythical.
- Maybe it ain’t so, Stephen Jay. Was the mismeasuring of mismeasurement in Gould’s Mismeasure of Man itself … incorrectly assessed?
- Gray’s position did not make leaps. How Charles Darwin slowly convinced the botanist Asa Gray to ditch creationism, though not Christianity, simply by asking him questions.
- Paging Dr. Pangloss. A clever, but almost entirely untested, hypothesis proposes that our fingers wrinkle up when wet to improve our grip.
- Hope you like pasta. Over at his shiny new blog Science-Based Running, Dave Munger reassesses carb loading.
- In case you missed it. D&T closed out Pride Month by hosting the Diversity in Science blog carnival.
- Go do this right now. Pitch in a few bucks to help Sarcozona attend ESA, so she can write up the international ecology conference.