Photo by MonsieurJC.
Science blog reading from the interstices of Dead Week:
- The EEB & flow: “Green” product labels break out into categories that parallel competing schools of thought among conservationists.
- Conservation Maven: Birds provide approximately $310/hectare in pest-removal services on coffee plantations.
- Conservation Magazine: A hunting ban in Ontario’s Algonquin Provincial Park has allowed the local wolf population to re-establish its former pack structure.
- Neuroskeptic: Women dosed with testosterone are more likely to treat others fairly than those given a placebo, but less likely to play fair if they think they’ve received testosterone.
- Cognitive Daily: University students’ “gaydar” is as much as 70% accurate.