Today, at the last day of Evolution 2008, I learned:
- Interactions between wasp species living in and around fig trees vary in strength and significance from year to year.
- The coalescent is the future of phyologenetics.
- The coalescent is complicated.
- Evolutionary theory will help defeat cancer.
- Elevated atmospheric carbon dioxide doesn’t seem to have direct effects on plant growth, but might have indirect effects by changing plant communities.
- I can stay awake through a whole week (well, four days) of scientific talks!